Can't Wait to Be Home...

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 295: So In Love With You

It was five years ago today, that I sang to my beautiful bride as she walked down the aisle the words to this song...

You are to me, what poetry tries to say with a word
You are the song, all the music my heart ever heard
I can't escape, for the air that I breathe even speaks of you
And I'm not ashamed to say, that I feel this way

Words can't express, what I confess with each beat of my heart
And I'm overwhelmed, with the passion I've felt from the star
Our love will grow, as the years come and go I'll remain by your side
And there isn't anything that I would deny

ItalicI will stand before God, give you all that I've got
I will promise you, I'll be true
I'll reveal here and now as we both take this vow
That I am so in love with you!

And 5 years, 2 children, and 1 painful deployment later...I can honestly say that I have found the woman that I was meant to spend the rest of my life with, and I can still say that I am truly "so in love with you!". These last 10 months have reminded me just how precious her presence has meant to me, and how blessed I am to have her in my life. Thank you Gemma for the friend, mother, and companion that you are. I love you!


The Proposal at the LLUSM Talent Show 2003


5 Years of being blessed!


I'll be home soon!

"...I have found the one my heart loves."
Song of Solomon 3:4

1 comment:

Jukes said...

I still remember that talent show so vividly! You were so excited that you were telling everybody, you could feel the electricity in the air before your act. I still don't know how you managed to keep it a secret from Gemma. We love you guys!