Can't Wait to Be Home...

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 302: Low Op Tempo

Being deployed, we often forget what day of the week it is since most days are filled with the same routine. Here on Camp Clark, we look forward to "low op tempo Fridays" as this is when Afghans take the day off which means we take the day off as well! Throughout this deployment I've used my Fridays to catch up on reading, continuing medical education, cleaning my room, working out, watching a movie, doing laundry, and all the other things that I don't get to finish during the week. Well today, I had so much free time that I decided to hang out with my shopkeeper friends in the bazaar adjacent to our base.


The Tailor, Steve, and AJ


Hanging Out with AJ, Saddiq, and the tailor

Talk about a relaxing day. I'm really not used to having absolutely nothing to do, but I have been slowly finding myself bored silly at times. Well, I'll take all the "low op tempo days" I can get!

1 comment:

Gemma said...

Wow, it looks like you're on vacation! I think the only thing missing is a golf cart and keys to the SA office. ;D