Can't Wait to Be Home...

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 303: Getaway

I am so excited! After almost 8 months of being on a small base around the same 150 people, who wouldn't go a little stir crazy? I decided to plan my own little "vacation" to FOB Lightening in the community of Gardez about 20 minutes, by Chinook helicopter, West of where I am located on Camp Clark. So much for a getaway right? Going from one place in Afghanistan to another...this is where a little imagination can go a long way!



Scenes from the Ride to Gardez

Gardez is where our regional headquarters is located, and where other Medical Embedded Training Team (ETT) members are planning to meet and talk about the current state of our medical mentoring mission. I also plan to visit the Paktiya Regional Hospital here in Gardez which is where I refer many of my Afghan Army soldiers for treatment. The problem is that I have no idea what their capabilities are which is always a good thing to know. I hope this trip ends up being both pleasurable and productive...Inshallah!


1 comment:

Gemma said...

Handsome scenery! Praising God for your safety. i love you!