Can't Wait to Be Home...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 331: Dad

Fatherhood has been one of the most thrilling and exhilarating experiences of my life. Being away from Maya and Maxwell, especially on Father's Day, has made me appreciate even more the blessing that comes from raising children. Although my time with them this past year has been spent primarily on a webcam, watching Maya go from crawling to standing or observing Maxwell as he shoots hoops on his toy b-ball court has given me the strength to overcome the drudgery that comes with this deployment. Before I know it, I'll be trading in guns and body armor for diaper duty and bath time.


Quality Time


Storytime!


Dad and Grandpa with Maya

I also wanted to mention a special "thank you" to my dad for the support that he continues to provide especially during this time that I have been away from Gemma and the kids.

Happy Father's Day Dad!

"Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him." Psalm 103:13 NASB


No comments: