Can't Wait to Be Home...

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 200: Love Letters

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Today, I thought I would spend my blog time writing love letters to some very special people...

Dear Maya Lourdes,

I miss you lots. Even though we haven't really gotten to know each other yet, mommy has been doing a great job sending me pictures and putting you on the web cam. I have been watching you grow up and have seen you roll over, sit up, laugh, smile, and eat rice cereal and squash! Since you are so beautiful, I think we are going to have the father and daughter talk about boys sooner that we think! I can't wait to hold you again. I love you. --Daddy

Dear Maxwell,

Daddy loves you very much. Mommy has been telling me that you have been such a good boy and a wonderful big brother to Maya. I am so proud of you. You are growing up so fast! I am overwhelmed by all the words and sentences that you have been learning. Keep up the good work. I can' t wait to take you to the beach, play Wii with you when mommy isn't looking, and teach you how to shoot a basketball. For now, Daddy has to finish his work on the other side of the world, so please take care of Maya and Mommy for me. I love you! --Daddy

P.S. I hope you start to use the toilet soon:)


Dearest Gemma,

I hope you enjoyed the Calla Lillies and Roses for Valentine's Day! Not only is today Valentine's Day, but today marks day #200 from the day I left for training...Wow does time fly! It has been such a test of faith to be away from you and the kids this long. I couldn't have asked for a better partner to rely on to change so many diapers. To see you in the role of a single parent breaks my heart, but at the same time, our time apart has shown me your capacity for emotional strength, patience, and unconditional love. You truly are a gift from God. Know that I am praying for you always. I love you! --Mike

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God."
Romans 8:38,39 NASB

1 comment:

Gemma said...

You leave me speechless...I LOVE YOU!