Can't Wait to Be Home...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 386: Achievement

Today, marks my final day of mentoring duties and has been a day that has been highly anticipated by many of the Afghan medical staff. Certificate presentation day:) Afghans love, I mean LOVE, being presented with certificates of achievement. If they could wear it on their uniform I'm sure they would pin it on somewhere! It was indeed an honor to present them with a small token of appreciation for the 10 months that they have worked with me.


Attention to Award!


A Job Well Done

Looking back at the things that we've accomplished: the medical training classes, working side-by-side on trauma cases, cleaning warehouses, providing humanitarian care to the local populace, and adding improvements to the clinic facility, I can honestly say that I will be leaving behind a clinic that is better equipped to accomplish it's mission than when I first arrived.


As long as we, both Afghans and Coalition together, continue to take even small steps in the direction of progress. We will undoubtedly reach the goal of having the citizens of Afghanistan relinquish control of their country, and we will finally go home.

"Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things;
I will put you in charge of many things."

Matthew 25:21 NIV

No comments: