Can't Wait to Be Home...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 391: Promotion

I've experienced various milestones in my lifetime, my first day of college, completing internship, my first day as an unsupervised doctor, watching Gemma walk down the aisle, and becoming a father . In the military, we often experience similar achievements such as receiving a personal award/medal, earning a sterling evaluation, or a rank promotion. Today, I was blessed with a 2-fer. On the brink of completing my first deployment, my boss comes up to me during dinner and congratulates me on my promotion to the rank Lieutenant Commander! I thought it would be special to share this experience with my family and friends who have been following me on this long journey.


I, Michael G Mercado, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, and without mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Congratulations, Mike. That's a huge achievement. Thanks also for taking so much time to keep this blog updated. I read and enjoy each entry.

Mom Miranda said...

Our warmest and sincere congratulations!
Well deserved and thank you for your unwavering service
to our country!
See you soon!!!
Love,
mom & dad Miranda

Gemma said...

Hooah!!! Wow, my little LT is all grown up... *sniff, sniff* Congratulations from your #1 fan! I love you! ;*

Unknown said...

Congratulations, commander!!! from the old Chief (Ret) and God Bless. We're all proud of you and all your accomplishments