Can't Wait to Be Home...

Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 47: Direction


Today was a rather interesting class as I learned how to use basic navigational tools (binoculars, protractors, and topographical maps) to be able to assess where a target is located. I also learned how to radio in for reinforcements if my team is pinned down by enemy fire using grid coordinates on a rather complicated topographical map (if I find myself in such a situation...it's a bad day). In other words, the training theme of the day was understanding the importance of having a sense of direction! From a combat perspective, without direction one is lost and probably doomed. Is it any different spiritually? This world provides us with so much distraction that it is too easy to find ourselves way off the "straight and narrow", sometimes when we don't even realize it. Won't you stop and consider if you are living the right direction today?


"If can of Myself do nothing...because I do not seek my own will , but the will
of the Father who sent Me." John 5:30

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks for your insight, Mike. When I was a missionary in Scotland, we used to play "How does that relate to the Gospel?" We would walk down the street and pick random objects and the other would have to somehow relate it to the Gospel. Not surprisingly, we quickly discovered EVERYTHING relates.