Can't Wait to Be Home...

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 31: Daddy's Little Girl & Boy

Last week I was talking to one of my junior sailors who himself is a proud father of two. He told me, "...having a son is like having a best friend, but a daughter...she is my heart." After this past weekend I now know what he was talking about. There is just something about a bond between a father and daughter that is beyond description so I will let the pictures do the talking...enjoy!



It may seem that Baby Maya was the main event, but I also spent some quality time with Maxwell. I was promptly reintroduced to my fatherly responsibilities including diaper duty, culinary duty, and clothing detail (subtle military terminology...sorry). But through those simple "labors of love" I was quickly reminded how blessed I am to have such a beautiful son.

Pool Time with Daddy!

Max's partner in crime, Kuya Josiah


Got Milk?

And where would I be without my better half. Behind this gentle, sweet, kind soul is the toughness and strength that surpasses even the most fearless soldier. Hoorah honey!

Max supervising Maya's feeding...strong work!

3 comments:

Gizelle said...

this is Ken, Beautiful dude! She will have you wrapped around your finger as your "heart", like Jasmine already has me!

Gizelle said...

Hey guys, this is Gizelle! Congratulations! She's so precious, and Max is such a big boy now! Hugs and kisses to the new baby from Jasmine. =)

Bev said...

Maya is adorable=) Thanks for sharing pics. Miss you guys. Congrats!