Can't Wait to Be Home...

Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 50: Happy Birthday Max!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Maxwell!! Happy Birthday to you...

Max's Very First Birthday!

Today is Maxwell's 2nd birthday! Being away from my son especially on his birthday has been tough. He is really growing up so quickly! He is such a special boy as he has really been a fairly low maintenance toddler. Yes, he has tantrums from time to time, but overall he is such a kind, cheerful, attentive, helpful, and smart little boy. He doesn't need expensive toys...just throw him any kind of ball and he is good to go. What has been most amazing is the love and care that he openly displays for his baby sister. He is always requesting to hold her little hand, stroke her head, or attentively watch as Gemma nurses her. I am so truly blessed! I can't wait to see him again!

Super Max
(13 months)


A Day at the Park
(20 months)
Dearest Maxwell,

Happy Birthday son! I miss you so much, and I am sorry that I can't be with you on your birthday. I really enjoy talking to you on the web cam, and I have especially enjoyed watching you play
with your baby sister. Even though the web cam is fun to use I would much rather see you in person because I want to give you a big hug. I will be home soon, and I can't wait to play you one-on-one basketball!! Take care of mommy and Maya for me. I love you...
...Daddy

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Max loves and misses you, too. We all have our hugs and kisses saved up to give you on your next visit!

Sue said...

I LOVE that last picture! You are a good dad. Max is blessed to have you.