Can't Wait to Be Home...

Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 105: Special Delivery

For many of you, I'm sure that the thought of being away from everyone and everything that is closest to you is just down right hard! Factor in the possibility of being attacked at anytime by terrorists, and now the situation may seem utterly hopeless. Everyone here seems to have their ways of coping... frequent calls home, reading, dominoes, poker, movies, basketball, ping pong, the treadmill, internet, Facebook. But, if there is one thing that really keeps a soldier, airman, or sailor going...it's MAIL!! Whether it's a letter, card, or care package...nothing puts a smile on our faces faster than those tangible reminders that there is someone at home who is thinking about us.


Here is one of our hard-working petty officers unloading the mail off of the 5-ton


A shot of our "post office" (built into a large iron box called a "connex" box) and our mail handlers sorting the eagerly anticipated mail


Here I am with my very first care packages, some stuff from Bed Bad & Beyond and Amazon.com!

Just because I'm in Afghanistan doesn't mean I have to rough it for a year. Gotta have my "creature comforts" like Superman bed sheets, a down comforter, a feather bed, ping pong paddle, and basketball shoes:) I'm still waiting on my mini vacuum cleaner and floor lamp...I'm also considering a flat panel TV...just kidding...actually....

1 comment:

Justin said...

Mike...Bed, Bath, and Beyond??? Hey, this is like camping. Never heard of roughing it. Actually, it sends pretty comfortable. Enjoy.