Can't Wait to Be Home...

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 90: Feast

Today was a farewell feast for the outgoing Navy team which was hosted by the Afghan interpreters. The spread was very tantalizing and delicious! For anyone that knows me, I really enjoy food so tonight was definitely a cultural treat:) As I gazed at all the wonderfully prepared food, I immediately thought of the many potluck lunches I had experienced on Guam, at Fallbrook, or the Loma Linda Japanese Church. Of course the food was ALWAYS delicious, but it is the fellowship that I will surely miss.


"I say to you that many will come from the east and from the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 8:11 NIV

2 comments:

George said...

was the food as delicious as this pictures makes it out to be? -g

Gemma said...

Nice spread! i wonder what your Thanksgiving meal will be like... i love you!
gemma