Can't Wait to Be Home...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 135: Study

When I first arrived to Camp Clark I discovered that there was a Bible study being held on base. I decided to show up and realized that they were needing someone to lead out, so I volunteered. Since then, I have had the privilege of sharing the Word with some really great guys. Our group is a mix of active duty Army and civilian contractors, all with a willingness to share their personal struggles and triumphs, as well as the desire to find peace and comfort in the Word of God. For many of us, including myself, living in this country can bring about feelings of fear and anxiety. Having an outlet to share my knowledge and spiritual journey, especially in Afghanistan, has enabled me to quell those fears, stay rooted in the Word, and has allowed me to grow in ways I hadn't thought possible.


For those of you that are tuning in, I want to encourage you all to continue your diligent study in the Word of God. In closing, I will simply leave you with the words of Christ...

"Search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of me." John 5:39 NKJV

No comments: