Can't Wait to Be Home...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 151: Connection

FINALLY...after waiting patiently for our internet service to be up and running, I was finally able to return to the world of webcam. For the first time in over 2 months, I was able to see my beautiful Gemma, Maxwell, and Maya face-to-face! We had a great time. Maya has really filled out, great job nursing honey! Maxwell was talking in phrases and singing his favorite songs, he is really turning into a little boy. And Gemma...you look as gorgeous as ever:)


I can only say that by the grace of God have I been able to press on out here in Afghanistan. Not only as a soldier simply surviving but thriving! Blessings such as functional internet, free phone calls home, and time in the Word have allowed me to stay connected to my most valuable sources of strength. In hindsight, although 2008 has brought it's share of disappointments (big ONES!), I can only say that there was someone much higher than myself who had remained more involved in my life that I had realized.

"From the end of the Earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalms 61:2 KJV

1 comment:

Gemma said...

What a great verse from Psalm 61. It was such a blessing it was to SEE your handsome face again! Wish i could've reached out and touched you. :) Thanks for always making me feel beautiful, honey.