Can't Wait to Be Home...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 153: New Year's Rockin' Eve

I'm not a fan of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve or even a hard core fan of video games (there was a time...). Most New Year celebrations have typically been spent with friends, family, a glass of Martinelli's finest, a peak at the ball dropping into Time's Square, and a quick chorus of Auld Lang Syne to herald in the new year...actually it's more of a hum as I have no clue what the words are.


Happy New Year from Afghanistan!

Well here in Afghanistan, we can party just as hard. To bring in the new year, I hung out with some avid fans of the video game Rock Band on Playstation 3. Our "concert venue" was staged in the dining facility and we were generous enough to offer free admission. We had a great time! There has always been a small part of me that has wanted to bang on some drums, but there has always been a part of me that has always been uncoordinated. Well, for a few hours my little fantasy came true...


Camp Clark Rock Band

After several hours of imaginary play I was beat! The whole experience was indeed a very effective method to unwind. Well, it's just past midnight (Afghan time)...HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone...the year that I come home!!!

1 comment:

Gemma said...

I've always known you were a drummer boy!