Can't Wait to Be Home...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 10: The Sailor's Creed

So far things have been straightforward. We get stuff followed by more stuff followed by..well...more stuff. Today, we received team supplies to include office supplies, laptop computers, printers, and even a device called a "phrasalator" (you speak into it and it will translate what you say into a foreign language - pretty cool). Being out here in "Army country" it can be a bit intimidating for us Navy folks. In order to encourage our young sailors we decided to recite the Sailor's Creed in formation this morning as a reminder of why we are all here (see picture above).
I am a United States Sailor,
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America
and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me,
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy
and those who have gone before me to defend
freedom and democracy around the world,
I proudly serve my Navy's combat team with
Honor, Courage, and Commitment,
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Love your blog. Thank you for serving our country. I'm amazed at the pictures and that you still have access to technology to share your experiences with the world. Gemma, you and your families are in my thoughts. Please continue to keep us posted as you can. (I loved the beignets too--was just there in March!)

Kyle said...

p.s. I meant to say, I'm Gemma's freshman college roomie--you and Gemma picked me up at LAX at 5am back in mid-July 2001 and we all spent the day at Universal Studios. Until I was so jetlagged and couldn't go on (I had flown from Hawaii...). I read your blog every day and it blows my mind!