Can't Wait to Be Home...

Monday, August 4, 2008

A New Chapter


A patriotic farewell at San Francisco Airport

Today marks the beginning of yet more Mercado family adventures. Unfortunately, for most of the next 454 DAYS, these adventures will be spent apart. Saying goodbye is never an easy thing. These last 2 weeks were spent doing some of my most favorite things: pooltime with Max, shopping (yeah I admit it...), basketball, visiting with family, date nights with Gemma, and making storytime videos with Max...but the pain of seperation still lingers. Actually, I am in a bit of an emotional hodgepodge with Baby Girl Mercado on the way (she is due September 7th!)...there is this sadness of seperation mixed in with feelings of excitement, anticipation, fear, joy all topped off with a sense of peace knowing that my family is in the hand of God. Although e-mail, web cams, WIFI internet connections, and cell phones may bring some relief, there is no greater solace than knowing that I have been brought here to fulfill a higher purpose that I can't wait to discover.

I love you Max!

I have safely arrived to my first destination which is Gulfport, Mississippi, and I must say that the accomodations are excellent! My room is equipped with great amenities including wireless internet, cable TV, refrigerator, DVD player, and a kitchenette. As I am writing this blog I am enjoying an episode of Iron Chef America where the "secret ingredient" is curry, man I'm hungry...sorry, tangent. I think it's time for bed.

Breath mints on my pillow, I feel so special!

No comments: