Can't Wait to Be Home...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 21: Godspeed

Life has brought to me a variety of adversities...adolescence, college, medical school, residency, and now military deployments. But through adversity have I found lifelong friends. One such a friend is Justin Jones. Together we endured residency, and now we are deploying to Afghanistan in service to our country. He departed for the Middle East early this morning, and I will be following him in about 2 months. I was fortunate to spend some time with him before his departure here on Fort Riley.

Always known for his quiet efficiency and calm demeanor Justin embodies the qualities of a caring, competent, and patient physician. I would be remiss if I didn't express my appreciation for the many times we crashed his place for American Idol nights...thanks man! But, it is his unwavering dedication to his family that I admire the most. I know that he will serve his country and the people of Afghanistan well.

"Fair Winds and Following Seas" my brother and Godspeed!

"The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you." Numbers 6:24,25 NKJV

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm so grateful you were there to see him off.