Can't Wait to Be Home...

Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 5: Battle Dress Uniform

...well sort of. If you notice my lovely picture below you will see that I am partially dressed. Too bad you can't see my combat boots! Today, I had this urge to parade some of the military gear that I've received so far in hopes of entertaining myself...which in turn allowed me to think of this brief thought.


Question...

What makes someone a true soldier? Is it the weapon, the uniform, the haircut, the colorful ribbons...?

My friends, it is one's sense of MISSION.

I immediately thought of the words of Paul, "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." 2 Timothy 2:3,4

Ephesians 6:12,13 reveals a spiritual battle which we are all a part of, and it goes on to list the "battle dress uniform"which is critical for victory. I think we all know whose side we want to be on...the real question is, "Are we ready to demonstrate full commitment to the mission?"

FYI...tomorrow I head off to Fort Riley, Kansas to begin my next phase of training. Keep me in prayer.

No comments: