Can't Wait to Be Home...

Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 8: Go Narmy?


Well here is the unveiling of my brand new "ACUs" or Army Combat Uniform. We are only the second group of Navy sailors to be indoctrinated into the Army's version of battle dress attire. They are actually very comfortable, but the boots need some breaking in. Lucky for me my feet remain blister-free! You will also notice a large duffel bag which we Navy folks refer to as a "sea bag"...this is bag #1 of 3. Don't be fooled by the smile on my face...that bag is holding well over a hundred pounds of gear to include body armor, canteens, jackets, coveralls, sleeping mats, rain gear, and much more. I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to haul this stuff around. Just pray for me that my knees don't give out.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Nice uniform. I got the old stuff. It is good to see you off and on your way. I will see you down at Funston later this week.

Gemma said...

So that's how all those deployed guys come back w/ 6-packs!? Don't forget to lift w/ your knees, not your back. ;) You look stunning in your ACU's, my dear... but your dress whites are still my favorite!