Can't Wait to Be Home...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 11: Relocation

A panoramic view of Custer Hill

A panoramic view of an impending hernia

To recap, the last 6 days were spent at an area of Fort Riley called Custer Hill as it is conveniently located near the warehouses which facilitate the distribution of our equipment (lots of it) required for training/deployment. After a long day of packing and lifting and unpacking...I am now on location at my new training command at Camp Funston, 2nd Battallion, 34th Armor which is a 20 minute bus ride from Custer Hill. This is where my training will take place...stay tuned!


I have noticed that my accommodations have gradually taken a turn for the worst...remember Gulfport which had free wireless Internet, private rooms, kitchen and cable TV. Then on to Custer Hill which no longer had TV or wireless Internet, but at least I had privacy. Well now I get to enjoy this...


1 comment:

J said...

Hi Mike,

Based on the second picture I'd say you pack more stuff than Gemma when going on a trip! Grace and I are keeping you and Gemma in our prayers. Enjoy wonderful, scenic, and humid middle America.

Jason