Can't Wait to Be Home...

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 70: Dedication Day

Taking on the responsibility of raising a child is a great and awesome privilege. As a Christian, I view my children as precious gifts from God, and another avenue as to which I can bring glory to Him. Yesterday, our family participated in a baby dedication ceremony for little Maya. This was conducted as a small segment of the church service, and was led out by our beloved Pastor Monnier (who did a great job officiating our wedding). As much as it was precious to see the pastor hold little Maya in her little white dress and to hear the soft whispers of "oooohs" and "aaaahs", the most meaningful part was our public declaration as parents to our church family that we intend to raise Maya in a way that glorifies Christ.

During Maya's dedication Gemma and I sang the song, "I Have a Maker" as a reminder to Maya that she is indeed a gift from God who cares for her, and has a most precious purpose for her life. Here are the words...

I have a maker, he formed my heart,
And before even time began, my life was in His hands!

I have a Father, He calls me His own,
And he'll never leave me, no matter where I go

He knows my name, he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call


"But Jesus said, 'Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.' "
Matthew 19:14 NASB

1 comment:

Erika said...

what a special day!! I love that song. God bless your family...I wish we could be there to see you guys. Our thoughts & prayers are with you.