Can't Wait to Be Home...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 76: Departure

Today is my "departure day" and it's only fitting that I get to spend it on the Sabbath. I have been blessed with friends from the local SDA church who have been willing to pick me up. The church here in Manhattan, KS has been a refuge for me after such tough training weeks! I also invited one of my sailors, who happens to be Catholic, to join me and he also had a spiritual refreshing. We enjoyed a simple traditional church service and one last home-cooked potluck lunch! If anyone is ever passing through Kansas I definitely recommend the Manhattan SDA Church.


Petty Officer James Hemcher and myself feeling very underdressed!

Here is a picture of Kansas natives Jason, Caroline, and Neth...good people.

Today in Sabbath School we had a simple Bible study about heaven and the new earth. As I declare today "departure day" and I head off to Afghanistan; I look forward to a more significant "departure day" when our Saviour takes us home and creates an Earth made new. My prayers are with you all as I know your prayers are with me.

Before I depart, I want to leave you all some Scripture about heaven and the new Earth...

1. The Lord will live with us (Rev 21:3)
2. We will never be bored (Psalms 16:11)
3. No more pain, tears, sorrow, sickness, hunger, thirst (Rev 21:4, Rev 22:3, Rev 7:16)
4. We will not get tired (Isaiah 40:31)
5. We will be made physically whole (Isaiah 35:5,6; Philippians 3:21)
6. In the new earth, animals will become tame (Isaiah 11:6-9; Isaiah 65:25)
7. No more violence (Isaiah 60:18)
8. There will be nothing defiling on the new Earth (Rev 21:27)

...someday there will be no more luggage!!

"Eye hath not seen, nor ear has heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him."
I Corinthians 2:9

1 comment:

Gemma said...

So glad you got to spend your departure day with a church family. we already miss you and can't wait to see you again!