Can't Wait to Be Home...

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 59: Training Complete

Today marks the last day of our capstone training missions, and the urgency to go home is readily apparent. The sailors (myself included) have used the remainder of the day to prepare for our well-deserved 13 days of freedom away from early morning wake up calls, HUMVEE maintenance, weapons cleaning, Army food, and a lack of privacy! At the same time our prep time was also dedicated to packing for our dreaded 1 year trip away from our families:( I am staring at all the gear that was issued to me from the very beginning, and I am really not sure where to begin. In the spirit of keeping things positive...my plane leaves for California in a little less than 48 hours, and I will get to enjoy almost 2 weeks with my dear Gemma, Max, and Maya!!


A brief photo-op with Chiefs Jenkins and Ciapponi before the start of our final mission. Can't you guys ever smile...lighten up!

Fun with paint & stencil!

The Blessing of Webcam. See you soon!!


No comments: