Can't Wait to Be Home...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 87: Little Doc

The things that I will be able to accomplish as a military medical advisor will depend solely on the rapport that I will have with my interpreters. Here is a picture of my primary interpreter and cultural advisor, Latif aka "Little Doc". He's an exceptionally intelligent Afghan national with a background in pharmacy. He is very pleasant and, from what I can already see, very easy to work with. He'll be accompanying me on daily "rounds" to the clinic to oversee the day-to-day workings of the Afghan National Army Clinic. The nice thing about my job is that it is walking distance from my "home" and requires no body armor!

Here is a picture of us posing in front of the Camp Clark bazaar aka "Afghanistan Wal-Mart" on our way to the clinic. I've got to stop spending money...

2 comments:

George said...

Have you seen any patients in clinic yet?

shelia said...

wow, mikey. that's amazing. blessings and hugs to you. thank you and all of our boys in uniform...you're so brave.